Here’s what I found on http://www.ag.org about the church beliefs
The Assemblies of God is committed to fulfilling a four-fold mission. Our primary reason for being is to:
1. Evangelize the lost.
2. Worship God.
3. Disciple believers.
4. Show compassion.
Heidi awoke from dream this AM around 4. She mentioned to me she wanted to visit the mega church on the east side of Bako. I said, sure thing honey, I’ll do anything for you! :)
Went to the 11:00am service with Heidi. Newer buildings. Inside the main building is large meeting area equipped with newer media equipment ( audio, visual) and a large stage with many music instruments. There is a newer pulpit and a great many pews. I would estimate the place can handle at least 1000 people. It is clean, sterile smelling, and climate controlled. The people are well dressed, friendly, seemly happy. Parking lot filled with newer cars. This place is obviously well funded. The brochure said collections exceeded $67k so far in August. No mention of expenses. Oh yes, there are golf carts running around outside, I think to help ferry people around as needed, pretty slick!
This is a popular place. I would estimate more than 700 attended and this was the second service of the day.
Lots of modern gospel music to start off the service. Nice equipment, quality music, and vocals. This is a Jesus centered church. It follows the Catholic/Protestant doctrines. God/Christ is only a Byline. The people are wanting for Jesus to return from the dead. In the mean time the world, and everyone in it, is screwed.
The sermon sounded like something I would here on a news show. They had a politician from Texas preaching founding father bullshit – having an elitist view on what happened in 1776. Arrogant (USA is the Best! and all other countries are inferior) and Naive (the facts are the US was not founded on the idea of freedom for all as he would have everyone believe). Oddly, the audience was eating up his lies about our history! This guy sounded like a typical politician saying nothing that would not contribute to his re-election to some meaningless post. I found it odd to hear this type of thing in a church. He was very pro-religion – his religion. This person is dogma personified. Anyone checking into his main points of his sermon would quickly find his conclusion to be absurd.
BTW, sorry dude but 95% of the people who join the military do so becuase they need work and are wanting to better there lives with after they serve benefits. The other 5% are natural born killers and need a place to practice their trade. The few who actually lead the Military do so to protect the weatlhly, including thier own. The lie of patriotism has long been dispelled and replaced with the reality of the need to protect the weathlies property. Get real!!! Wake up!
God help those whom do not believe the same way as this guy. We, including himself, are all screwed!
This is the worst sermon I have ever heard having nothing to do with increasing our awareness of the divine, nor being compassionate and tolerant of man. We walked out 10 minutes or so before the “sermon” ended.
BTW, I had been to this church before and had somewhat different experience with the standing preacher giving the sermon. All I had to do was add Christ to his sermon when he spoke of Jesus and I felt rather uplifted, as of course Jesus would have wanted all to do. Jesus speaks ALL about our relationship with God, never himself, so adding Christ to Jesus was pleasant.
Heidi, I am not sure this was so dreamy…